Thursday 26 July 2012

Wesley's Contribution to the SMM Group

               Altogether, SMM lasted for 2 semesters in a total of approximately 16 weeks. While it appeared short, it appeared to be packed with many different learning experience, some of which we're unable to learn from an Academic Education such as Maths or Sciences.  We were rushed, pushed to our limits to meet datelines as our lessons were usually on the last days of the week, which gave us lesser time to prepare for them.

              As a team member, I contributed mostly in holding meetings, assigning work, coallation of research and creating of slides. As I was the one who contacted Taste of Hong Kong Cafe, I am able to provide information and resources to the team or otherwise directed to the manager of THK itself. Many times I attempt to design slides layout, to suit the atmosphere of our presentation as well as input many different animations. As a student that isn't inclined in Arts and Design, I was tempted all the time to be laid back about it and leave the plain simple slides as they are. However, it was probably my constant seeking of excellence that prompted me to continue working on it until it was presentable and before I knew it, it became not a chore to pursue the best to what I can do, but a habit. I would even be frank to say that it was SMM that honed the spirit of excellence in me, for me to push and overcome my self-defined limits. As a student, this was what I felt and learnt.

              As a person, through different practical assignments such as coming up with strategies to suit the habits and trend of people daily lives, it allows me to comprehend the differing mindsets held behind different types of customers. All in all, it was a module that gave me deeper understanding of many aspects and it was definitely an enriching experience.



          
             

No comments:

Post a Comment